- Balebail, S., & Sisneros, J. A (2022). Long duration advertisement calls of nesting male plainfin midshipman fish are honest indicators of size and condition. The Journal of experimental biology, jeb-243889.
- Balebail, S., Raja, S. K., & Sane, S. P. (2019). Landing maneuvers of houseflies on vertical and inverted surfaces. PloS one, 14(8), e0219861.
- Balebail, S., Sisneros, J.A. (2023). Natural Ambient Sounds as Sources of Biologically Relevant Information and Noise for Fishes. In: Popper, A.N., Sisneros, J., Hawkins, A.D., Thomsen, F. (eds) The Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life . Springer, Cham.
- Sujay,B. (2017). Visually guided landing behaviour in the housefly, Musca domestica (Master’s dissertation). [Link]
Manuscripts in prep
- Balebail, S., Rogers, L.S., Li, Z., Kim, C., Reicherter, A., Yang, S., & Sisneros, J.A. In prep. Role of pitch perception in mate call detection and recognition in a vocal teleost.
- Balebail, S. & Sisneros, J.A. In prep. A finite element model suggests that the swim-bladder eliminates the 180-degree ambiguity in directional hearing in a teleost.