- Balebail, S., & Sisneros, J. A (2022). Long duration advertisement calls of nesting male plainfin midshipman fish are honest indicators of size and condition. The Journal of experimental biology, jeb-243889. [Link]
- Balebail, S., Raja, S. K., & Sane, S. P. (2019). Landing maneuvers of houseflies on vertical and inverted surfaces. PloS one, 14(8), e0219861. [Link]
- Sujay,B. (2017). Visually guided landing behaviour in the housefly, Musca domestica (Master’s dissertation). [Link]
Manuscripts in prep
- Balebail, S. & Sisneros, J.A. In prep. Ambient natural sound as sources of information and noise for fishes.
- Balebail, S., Rogers, L.S., Li, Z., Kim, C., Reicherter, A., Yang, S., & Sisneros, J.A. In prep. Role of pitch perception in mate call detection and recognition in a vocal teleost.
- Balebail, S. & Sisneros, J.A. In prep. A finite element model suggests that the swim-bladder eliminates the 180-degree ambiguity in directional hearing in a teleost.