- I was invited to give the Science, Nature, and a Biscuit talk at the Seward Park Audubon Center in the summer of 2023. My talk was titled "Acoustic Communication in Fishes: Tales from a vocal champion".
- I presented a talk and poster about my research to an audience consisting of biologists, acousticians, environmental consultants, and environmental regulators in the International Conference on the Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life, Berlin, 2022 [Link].
- I was interviewed by Dugald Maudsley and Monika Delmos, Infield Fly Productions, in 2022 for ideas on how to capture videos of mating behavior in the plainfin midshipman for their upcoming documentary on Netflix on animal sounds.
- I presented a talk on the role of higher harmonic frequencies in mate attraction in the plainfin midshipman to a general audience at the Allen Institute for AI.
- I invited Samip Raval, a film director to observe my field research work in 2021. He is currently directing a short film where one of the characters is a field ecologist.
- Designed an interactive visualization of Parkinson’s walking data in collaboration with Christine Chang, and Louisa van Zeland for Dr. Reza Ghomi [Link] as part of the final project for CSE 512, a Data Visualization Class at the University of Washington [Link].
- Master’s research on vertical and inverted landings in houseflies appeared in both the Hindu, a leading Indian newspaper [Link], and the newsletter of the National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, India [Link].
- Co-organized Moth Day 2017, an insect awareness outreach event held at the National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, India.
- I am a peer mentor for two junior graduate students, Department of Biology, University of Washington.
- In 2023, I served on the committee to hire an Assistant Teaching Professor in Physiology, Department of Biology, University of Washington.
- In 2022, I gave a guest lecture about my research in fish hearing in the Functional Morphology class taught by Dr. Sharlene Santana, Department of Biology, University of Washington.
- I hosted the Aubrey Gorbman Endowed Lecture in 2021 and 2022, and the Leaders from Biology Endowed Lecture in 2022, Department of Biology, University of Washington. Duties included inviting the speakers to give the lecture, organizing their schedule, hosting lunches and dinners, and advertising the lectures to the department of biology.
- In 2020 and 2022, I served as a graduate student mentor for junior graduate students taking their general exam, Department of Biology, University of Washington.
- In 2019 and 2021, I guest lectured in the Introduction to Graduate Life class for incoming graduate students where I spoke about my experiences as an international graduate student and answered student questions.
- In 2021 and 2023, I served on the Grant Panel for the Winter Grad & Postdoc Awards, Department of Biology, University of Washington.
- In 2020 and 2021, I invited and hosted two early career scientists who gave talks at the Animal Behavior Journal Club, Department of Psychology, University of Washington.
- In 2019 and 2020, I served as a graduate recruitment volunteer, Department of Biology, University of Washington.